In recent weeks there have been catastrophic events that have left people homeless and in need of shelter and emergency services. Hurricane Harvey hit the United States. At the same time flooding in Nepal, India and Bangladeshi killed 500 people. Both of these natural disasters have displaced millions of people. Now they are more vulnerable to those who would exploit them and use their need for help into slavery.
Displaced people are at a loss and turn to others for help and hope, sometimes those they turn to are the very ones that force them into slavery. But we believe prayer can and does change the lives of others.
“If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”
As these events have changed the lives of so many people we want to stand together to cry out to God in prayer. Prayer for their needs, safety and in this tragedy they would come to know the love and transformation of Jesus Christ into there lives.
Shelter & Protection:
- God as people are left without homes we ask that you would provide shelter for them. Open doors and homes so people would have food, clothing and a roof over there heads in there time of need. Psalm 91
- Protection from those who would hurt them. Psalm 5:11
- Safety in the places they are seeking refuge. Deuteronomy 12:10
- Depression would be replaced with faith in God. Hebrews 11
- They would have supernatural hope in this tragedy and know they are not forgotten. Psalm 9:18
- They would have courage and be hopeful about their future. Philippians 1:20
Justice & Salvation:
- Exploiters would be found and brought to justice.Proverbs 21:15
- Those in governments would not tolerate the exploitation of those who have suffered from the tragedy. Romans 13:1-5
- Salvation would come from the tragedy and transform their situation and lives.Luke 2:30
Thank you so much for taking time to pray for those who need the hand of God to transform their lives.