Resources to get help.
How do you know you need help.
Here are some questions to ask yourself and get help if you feel like you need it. If one or more of these are happening to you please seek help.
- Paid very little or not at all for your work
- Can’t come and go as you want without someone going with you
- Owe large debt you can never pay back to employer
- Not in control of your own money
- Physically hurt if you do not do what employer says.
- Can’t say no to employer because he threatens you or your loved ones.
- Forced to do work that makes you feel ashamed and/or is illegal.
- You are beaten, threatened and tricked by employer.
If a loved one is doing these things to you please seek help.
National hotline numbers:
Human Trafficking Hotline Number 1-888-373-7888 or Text “Help” to BeFree 233733
State of Texas
Emergency Assistance Resources