Prayer and Fasting
“The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because theLord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners”
Thank you for joining us for Freedom Thursday. This week we are praying and fasting for freedom for the 35.8 million people that are trapped in slavery.
In 2013 a research paper was released about the prevalence of human trafficking in the world. The study revealed that 29.8 million people were enslaved, the number for 2014 is 35.8 million people around the world are being used like property everyday. Many of them are children.
We know that prayer changes things and brings freedom. So today we are standing up for freedom for each child, woman and man that is part of the 35 million.
2nd Thursday: Give
Join us and donate $1.00 or more to a non-profit working to end slavery. Give to your favorite freedom fighter organization as a way to, put your dollar and your heart together for freedom.
Each month Prayer For Freedom will sponsor a different organization with an offering. We want you to know that when we ask you to give that we are also joining you.
One of our favorite organizations is Rescue Her. They do amazing work, and soon they will open a shelter home in India for girls. We are so excited that today we are able to support their work and continue to stand for freedom together with other organizations around the world.
“But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream!”
Thank you for joining us in prayer for the freedom of the 35.8 million enslaved right now. We know your prayers are changing the world. Our focus this week is for the freedom of those enslaved, protection of those fighting to stop slavery and the awareness that needs to be raised to end this injustice.
- Reveal anyone who are trapped in slavery. Ephesians 5:11
- Help victims find freedom that are trapped by threats and coercion and force. Luke 4:18
- Help victims to find healing physically, spiritually and mentally. John 8:32Galatians 5:1
- Father, help people who are in vulnerable situations to be protected. Keep them safe and away from those who would seek to exploit them. Psalm 27:5
- Provide for their basic needs. Jobs, food, and medical care. Philippians 4:19
- God please help children who are in dangerous situations to be found before they are exploited. Let intervention happen quickly. Psalm 12:7
- Aware: People around the world would be aware that slavery exist and know the forms of human trafficking. 2 Samuel 22:29
- Informed: As awareness is raised, people would be informed about human trafficking. That victims are not always under lock and key. Misconceptions about slavery would be exposed. Proverbs 22:20-22
- Law: People would understand that slavery happens through force, fraud or coercion. Court cases would reflect the justice. Exodus 23:6
Thank you for praying with us at Prayer For Freedom we know that you are changing the world. Please continue to pray for the school girls in Nigeria #bringbackourgirls. We must never forget them and continue to pray for their families and for them to return home.
Thank you all for joining us to pray for the freedom of 35.8 million people living in slavery around the world. We know that your prayers are changing the world and bringing us one set closer to freedom and the end of injustice.
Here is what is happening around the world for freedom.
This month our focus is on three contributing factors of slavery first intervention for those that are at risk. Secondly, protection for those who have been trafficked and those fighting for freedom from traffickers and thirdly the healing of victims that have fallen prey to traffickers.
- Children who are at risk would be protected from traffickers. Joshua 24:17
- Intervention would happen for anyone that is about to be trafficked. Exodus 6:1
- Victims would find freedom. Romans 8:21
- At-risk communities would be protected from traffickers. Psalm 42:4
- Abolitionist would be protected by God from the attacks of traffickers and the enemies plans of destruction. 2 Timothy 1:7
- Victims would be protected from their traffickers and anyone who would harm them. Ezra 9:9
- Mentally: God heal victims that have suffered mentally by isolation, exclusion and criminalization. Reveal your love to each one of them. Isaiah 58:8
- Physically: Heal victims of human trafficking of all physical pain they have received through being enslaved. Heal them of HIV, or any diseases they have contracted. Matthew 4:23, Luke 9:6
- Spiritually: Let them know the love of Jesus and His resurrection power to heal all of their suffering. Heal any broken heart they have suffered from the abuse. Jeremiah 33:6
Thank you for joining us at Prayer For Freedom as we pray for the freedom of the 35 million living in slavery right now. We know your prayers are changing the world and bringing freedom.
4th Thursday: Take Action
Join us every 4th Thursday to take action and use our gifts, talents and passions to end slavery. Upload a video to YouTube, write a poem, draw a picture, create a dance, post a blog, write your legislatures, you name it but use your talents to take action and share freedom.
Today we are raising awareness and preventing human trafficking through teaching boys about the importance of respecting yourself and women. To stop watching porn, to not get into vulnerable situations of employment. To think about there future. This is how we are taking action today to end slavery.
What are you doing for #freedomthursday?
3rd Thursday: Prayer and Fasting
Join us every month to fast and pray for the end of slavery. We have heard miracles of freedom through our prayers and are excited that each month we will be able to fast what God has called us to and pray for the freedom of the 32 million slaves around the world.